Slipstreaming XP SP3 still not working on Vista

weezer1717

I have a valid RTM Win XP installation cd and license and wanted to slipstream SP3 into it. Using my other computer that runs Vista, I tried all of the following to no avail. In all cases, I would get the "Product ID is not valid" message and the installation wouldn't continue:

slipstream SP3 using 1.4.5

slipstream SP2 and then SP3 using 1.4.5

slipstream SP3 using 1.4.1

Ultimately, I slipstreamed SP2 and will just use Windows Update to get to SP3.

Do you think there is something I did wrong? Does 1.4.5 on Vista definitely work for SP3?

Edited by weezer1717

Nuhi made some silent updates to nLite to fix this problem. Make sure that you have latest version of nLite. Executable file nlite.exe should have version 1.4.5.5.

Cheers ;)

Yeah, I was using the latest install (1.4.5.5) in all three of my slipstreams and still no success. Has anyone successfully slipstreamed SP3 while using Vista as a host? Could there be some other bug?

Yeah, I was using the latest install (1.4.5.5) in all three of my slipstreams and still no success. Has anyone successfully slipstreamed SP3 while using Vista as a host? Could there be some other bug?

Some people said that they slipstreamed successfully. Try to run nLite in compatibility mode, somebody says that this can solve problem. Or if this does not help, you can install XP in Virtual machine and then preform a slipstream in it.

Cheers ;)