How to configure the silent install of applications?

jaz99

Hello, this is my first post here, so I would like to thank you for such great and usefull tool.

However, I cannot find any in-depth documentation. I'm particulary missing RunOnce tab documentation.

For instance I would like to silently install my application during the XP install. How to do it? Where to put install files?

I appreciate any help (links to documentation are OK (I hate video tutorials)).

Best regards, Janusz

Suggestion, go here first to see if an addon already exits so that you don't have to make your own:

http://www.msfn.org/board/Application-Add-Ons-f132.html

Second, when using nlite, you just put them in with the hot fixes. Third, you could download something like ussf.exe, google it, it can i.d. the silent switches necessary to make your own cabs. Fourth, you can download and install a program like nlite addon maker which, now that you have your switch, you can easily make your cabs. You can also go to the applications forum and find switches, and / or you can ask someone to make one for you. Use the search function on these forums, lots of useful stuff.

good luck.

Suggestion, go here first to see if an addon already exits so that you don't have to make your own:

http://www.msfn.org/board/Application-Add-Ons-f132.html

Second, when using nlite, you just put them in with the hot fixes. Third, you could download something like ussf.exe, google it, it can i.d. the silent switches necessary to make your own cabs. Fourth, you can download and install a program like nlite addon maker which, now that you have your switch, you can easily make your cabs. You can also go to the applications forum and find switches, and / or you can ask someone to make one for you. Use the search function on these forums, lots of useful stuff.

good luck.

Thank you very much!