Is there a way to automate Window's activation?

aman74

I read an article on About.com that talked about automating the activation process, but they weren't talking about using automate install apps like slipstreaming or nLite. Is this possible with nLite?

I don't have any hardware changes.

Also, I may get a Mac down the road. If I take Window's off of my current machine am I allowed to put it on my Mac?

Thanks,

Anthony

Also, I may get a Mac down the road. If I take Window's off of my current machine am I allowed to put it on my Mac?

Anthony

Mac is so very different and wont work.

I'm not sure if you are saying Mac won't work well on Window's or I'm not aloud to do it unless I purchase another copy of XP?

As far as I know XP runs very well on Intel Macs. Not sure if Bootcamp, Parallels or Fusion is best though.

My question is whether or not I am allowed to do this or if I have to purchase another copy?

Also, does either of you know if I can do the auto verification?

Edited by aman74

Not with the way your planning on doing it.

I am not sure if it can be done that way.

You are saying it can't be done with nLite? Not sure what you are referring to?

Thanks

It's a shame that 2 highly technical people couldn't just lend a hand.

The first post just chime's into say that Window's don't work on Mac's, which is a vague reply at best since I have no idea if he meant it doesn't work in general, which is wrong, or if he meant it doesn't work well, or if he meant I couldn't install my version on one which was my actual question.

Then the next post comes in and just distpute's the first one and doesn't mention a thing about my question's, but instead it just clogs up the OP.

Then there's another reply, still not mentioning the verification and then a couple more replies that are hard to discern.

Sorry, just had to express my frustration's with internet forums. So much time is wasted on them. Noone owe's anyone any help, but that's what a forum is all about.

Only oem or corp\vlk versions can be autoactivated.

OEM versions check the machines bios and since you would need to use a extra app or utility to faciltate the installation ok windows on your mac the oem version will not recognize the bios.

on siginets forum there is a app prog that is called something like the great activation project. Sorry The OEM A.C.T. http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

This could help you with the oem version if you where staying with the same oem pc.

You can make a fully unattended setup with nLite BUT you will still have to make your pc actually activate over the net or by phone after windows is installed..

The way we have done it on several macs is using parallels http://www.parallels.com/ then not activating untill you are sure you like the setup.