Working with Windows Server 2k3

Hey all,

Coming this summer and into next year I'll be working on a small network at my school's radio station. In essence, the first thing I want to do is kill the existing one (because all the accounts will be re-made later, and I'm rebuilding several computers).

How does one go about removing computers from the network?

What I want to be able to do is remove the computer from the domain, walk over to it, and be able to turn it on and use it like there's no domain for it. This is also assuming there are no individual Admin accounts for the computers themselves.

I'll get to my next plan as it happens, but I'd like to be able to take existing computers, and add them to a different network as a small render farm (we do lots of video editing). Adding computers to the new network isn't a problem, I can do that easily (or have someone else do it for me), but my main issue now is that there are three computers set up on the domain, and none of them should even be connected to the network. They are all DAW's which I will be using to teach other people how to use the software, so there are to be no distractions, no "domain restrictions" and full access. Network drives wont exist once I'm done with everything, the external hard drives will be used for data transfer between the workstations and the new server (there's one external drive per workstation).

Having very little experience with Windows Server 2k3, I'd rather just a quick tutorial. I did google it, but I guess I'm not really sure what to call what I'm looking for without explaining it. Since the restrictions are ridiculous and stupid, I'll be doing my editing here at home until I can redo the network. If possible, the network may never see the light of day again, having workstations available is more important to me.

Thanks in advanced,

bonestonne

Sounds like you want to run dcpromo on each machine. Or log on locally if you don't want to uninstall Active Directory.

Here are instructions for running dcpromo.