Service Pack Slipstream- Questions

rawlwear

Hey everyone i just had aquick question, so i take it you can't update windows vista to sp1 if you use vlite you need slipstream it. I was just wondering when they release sp2 for windows vista would you be able to install that? or would you have to reformat and slipstream sp2 in? also is there any windows updates that you should integrate in along with sp1, or could i just put sp1 in than install the other updates after?

thanks in advance to who can help

Edited by rawlwear

It's too soon to talk about SP2. You can integrate the SP1 in vlite. Take a look here

http://www.msfn.org/board/Tutorial-Build-W...-D-t114957.html

If you want to know about later update go here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/Windows-Vista-Updates-t112411.html

But do not do it in the same time. First slipstream SP1 then add update

Edited by hannubys

is there any manditory updates that i should add, or can i just download and install them after i've reinstalled?

You're free to do it as you want. no update mandatory. once you slipstream SP1 it's ready to be install

Does anyone know a way to remove the sp1 left over files that comes with when you slipstream sp1? And i dont mean the vsp1cln.exe way,

i want to slipstream sp1 then make it permanent, removing the left over files, that is remove the uninstall sp1 option. So i dont have to do it after installing vista.

Or maybe just hope this will be in next version of vlite? OR maybe it is, lol, but i havent seen it tho.

I am having a discussion with my self here in another topic, but seemingly you can remove/optimize your Vista vlite Image a small bit, if you integrate Windows6.0-KB938371-v2-x?? (x86 or x64) BEFORE you SLIPSTREAM SP1.

Im doing a final check now but as you know it takes some time to slipstream sp1. I'm very intrigued at this point!! its exciting =)