New Intel Matrix Storage Manager 8.0.0.1039 WHQL

Hi!

Few days ago I have downloaded the newest IMSM drivers 8.0.0.1039 and tried to install them but under XP I'm reciving a message that my OS doesn't meet specific conditions...

And I also tried to integrate it with nlite but it seems that it fails because I had to swich to normal ATA mode during instalation because XP don't want to intall becasue no HDD was detected...

BTW I have Vostro 1500 with Intel® ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller

Edited by michal_banszel

Hi!

Few days ago I have downloaded the newest IMSM drivers 8.0.0.1039 and tried to install them but under XP I'm reciving a message that my OS doesn't meet specific conditions...

And I also tried to integrate it with nlite but it seems that it fails because I had to swich to normal ATA mode during instalation because XP don't want to intall becasue no HDD was detected...

BTW I have Vostro 1500 with Intel® ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller

I'm not running across an Intel RAID/AHCI Software - Intel® Matrix Storage Manager of that edition. The latest edition I find is 7.8.0.1012 11/9/2007.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_res...mp;submit=Go%21

The latest INF (Chipset) Update is 8.3.1.1009 9/24/2007. You need both, and I TEXTMODE add them before running HFSLIP. Since you are using nLite, go to this thread by Fernando 1, and you might get some relief or help. At this stage of the nLite game, you shouldn't be having any issues adding those drivers. It's been a while since I used nLite, but if you add them correctly, you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm running 2K3 (x86) on the same laptop in AHCI mode. If you are in ATA mode and you try to install the IMSM, it will give you that message because the IMSM (drivers) only works with AHCI.

At this point, you may want try to extract the AHCI drivers, switch back to AHCI in the BIOS, reboot, and have the OS pick up the "new device", and roll from there if you don't want to do it all over again through nLite. See the attached AHCI drivers. After the OS picks it up, you can always install the full IMSM after the fact. Good luck.

Driver.7z

The above method might not work. If you don't have the drivers installed, you might not be able to boot windows.

While up on XP under ATA mode, (right click) install the iaahci.inf in the driver set. You might want to do the same with the iastor.inf in the driver set.

You may also want to manually place IaStor.sys in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers if the install doesn't place it there.

Then switch your BIOS over to AHCI mode and boot.

Let me know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the PVU approach using the zipped drivers above. No dice. This is a Gigabyte GA-P965-DS3. Which has a non-R ICH northbridge. An ICH8 I think, not an ICH8R. I am certain that under Linux, you can use the AHCI feature on this board. (Of course no OS can use the RAID feature on this board since it has a mere ICH8.) I kept hoping that Intel would fix their installer to install onto this but it has been 20 months and I suppose they have abandoned me or want to punish me for not spending the extra $5 for the R version of the chipset. Would value any suggestions.

I tried the PVU approach using the zipped drivers above. No dice. This is a Gigabyte GA-P965-DS3. Which has a non-R ICH northbridge. An ICH8 I think, not an ICH8R. I am certain that under Linux, you can use the AHCI feature on this board. (Of course no OS can use the RAID feature on this board since it has a mere ICH8.) I kept hoping that Intel would fix their installer to install onto this but it has been 20 months and I suppose they have abandoned me or want to punish me for not spending the extra $5 for the R version of the chipset. Would value any suggestions.

I'm not sure if the Dell Vostro 1500 uses that board. CPU-Z doesn't give me enough info. The chipset is Intel GM965, Southbridge 82801HBM (ICH8-ME).

The Intel Chipset ID Util indicates: Intel® 82801HBM/HEM I/O controller hub (ICH8M) SATA Controller found in AHCI mode

I'm also not sure how old your board is. In the bios, can you choose AHCI mode? If you have a lesser chipset/board, it's possible that you cannot use AHCI, but it's interesting that you say you can in Linux because the drivers should be coming from Intel.

The above zipped drivers are the latest and greatest. If your board can't use the latest, try and older Intel RAID/AHCI Software - Intel® Matrix Storage Manager.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_res...mp;submit=Go%21

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Des...al〈=eng

That is version 7.0.0.1020 5/4/2007.

I was hoping that michal_banszel would respond. I don't know enough about your hardware.

http://www.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherboa...?ProductID=2456

You have probably already been there, but it doesn't look like the Intel Matrix Storage Manager (or the older Intel Matrix Storage Technology) AHCI driver is supported for Windows.

Gigabyte has its own SATA2 RAID Driver. The driver page does not offer the Intel SATA driver, only the Intel chipset drivers. See the attached Gigabyte SATA2 RAID Driver. If your board offers an AHCI (SATA2) option in the bios, the attached should work. There is also a post install utility. I don't know if it will work on a non-R board.

motherboard_driver_sata_gb_sata2raid_bootdisk_32.7z

sorry for not responding. I'm sure that AHCI should work because it was warking before and I can switch it on in BIOS and previous version of Intel Matrix Storage Manager were working correctly...

That board should take the latest IMSM/SATA driver. If the older driver worked and you're having a problem with a post install of the latest IMSM, you may just want to update the driver without the installation program. That's a weird situation with the installation program...

Today the new version was relased - 8.1.0.1001. We'll see if that one works correctly.

EDIT:

No changes in this case. Still the installer is informing me, that my system doesn't meet the specifications...

Edited by michal_banszel

Today the new version was relased - 8.1.0.1001. We'll see if that one works correctly.

EDIT:

No changes in this case. Still the installer is informing me, that my system doesn't meet the specifications...

I will try it and let you know what's up on my end. In the bios, are you in ATA mode? If so, the post installer won't work. Your bios has to be in AHCI mode.

Can you post a link to the new version? I'm still seeing 7.8.0.1012 11/9/2007 - links above - for the IMSM. And the latest chipset (INF Utility) is still showing 8.3.1.1009 9/24/2007. It still show this even for the latest board/chipset, Intel® 975X Express Chipset.

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20raid.htm

Do I have to switch the AHCI mode on?? Well, if I do it, my system wont boot. First I have to install drivers and then turn the hardware on, well, that is how it was in the previous versions...

Okay, I found it fishing around, but I'm going to wait until it's official.

Yes, you have to switch AHCI on in the bios.

Before you do that, while up on XP in ATA mode, try to right click install the iaahci.inf in the driver set. You might want to do the same with the iastor.inf in the driver set.

You may also want to manually place IaStor.sys in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers if the install doesn't place it there.

Re-boot, go into the bios and switch over to AHCI mode and then boot windows.

Let me know how it goes.

What do you mean by "right click intall"?

EDIT:

a...ok :) I understand :)

EDIT2:

I did what you told me to do but it still doesn't work... :( Blue screen while booting...

:wacko:

OK, switch your bios back to ATA.

If you placed the iastor.sys file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers, remove it. Then:

1. Right click install iaahci.inf
  2. Then right click install iastor.inf

If you go back to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers, do you see iastor.sys? If not, manually place it in the folder, and go for it again by going back into your bios, switching back to AHCI, and then boot.

If this does not work, I'll ask Fernando for a little help. I did pre-load the drivers, so the switch in the bios was picked up right away. My thinking is that if XP can pick up those drivers, you should be in business. You would think that a right click install would do it, but maybe not.

Another option: Have you tried to add a new device through control panel while up in ATA?

I have attached the most recent Dell driver set. You may want to try them, but it should not make a difference.

R154200.7z

None of these methods works for me :( The last working version of IMSM was 7.8.0.1012. Then, the 8.x.x.xxxx doesn't work. But it the iaAHCI.inf it is written that it fits to my ICH8M (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel® ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller") So what is going wrong in the new series?