Ethernet Home Network Requirements

babudeoha

So I am totally addicted to Nlite and now I am having health issues because I can't connect anymore to my laptops within my home network. I use an Ethernet modem/router to network my desktop with two ancient laptops, all using XP :thumbup . One of them is visible under my network places and I can also access it with the map network drive utility, but the other laptop isn't reachable at all. Now I would like you to please have a look through my INI and maybe point out where the mistake is. I must say that AFAIK the only services needed for an wired home network are the Server Service and the Workstation Service, so I make sure they are enabled. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by babudeoha

;# Drivers #

Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)

Ethernet (LAN)

Wireless Ethernet (WLAN)

[services2]
You have done a lot of things, first keep your stuff working afters this you can play with the services!

Thanks for the reply. I should mention that all needed drivers were integrated and that the NIC is working. I have access to the Internet, but can't setup a network. In the mean time I made an yet more aggressive INI using XP Home SP3 RTM and the network is back. Still, I am interested in knowing why my nLite/XPpro/SP3 configuration doesn't work.

The ATM issent only a symple driver for some hardware, its a kind of transfer protokol, and the WLAN driver as well are not only for WLAN hardware, but if you wonna try or not is your decision.

Maybe im wrong with this, so try out a run without chaning the [services2] section, you can edit this easily after setup...