Way to remove files from existing nlite, remove hotfixes programs etc?

cranbers

Hey, I have been looking around and couldn't find the answer.

So my current windows xp install disc, is an existing nlite integrated with hotfixes, drivers and programs.

Is there a way to REMOVE these? I don't have my original windows xp install disc, I seem to have misplaced it. So I am trying to get rid of the older drivers, programs and integrate sp3.

Is it possible or no?

Thanks,

The way nlite integrates hotfixes makes it impossible to reverse as it completely Over-writes the old files with the new ones.

It would be easier getting a part-time job and bying a new XP Pro off like amazon or EBAY then it would be to reverse even a handfull of hotfixes....

The way nlite integrates hotfixes makes it impossible to reverse as it completely Over-writes the old files with the new ones.

It would be easier getting a part-time job and bying a new XP Pro off like amazon or EBAY then it would be to reverse even a handfull of hotfixes....

Part time job to buy a NEW xp install cd. You don't work for Microsoft do you? Lord knows they would love to have someone do something nutty like that.

Is it impossible for me to get a new cd without buying a whole new license? I mean you are paying for the license when you buy a copy of windows right? It's not a 100 dollar or more cd?

Thank you for answering the question though, I appreciate it!

Edited by cranbers

depending on what type of license you have you can order replacement media (preinstalled OEm versions are not eligible for instance)

more information is available here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246

and i dont think Kel was actually suggesting you buy another license of XP, I think he was just saying it would be easier then manually rolling back your install media. :)