NT for SPARC processors

Hello everybody,

I bought an old sun Ultra 5 workstation a couple of days ago; I was wondering about installing NT for SPARC on it (according to Wikipedia, NT4 was released in several version complied for SPARC, ALPHA, MIPS and x86 architectures), but I can't find it anywhere, not even trought my MSDN subscription.

Anyone to help me?

And as good as the DEC was, it was still 32bit on a 64bit processor (boo) :). But yes, SPARC was an OEM release, mostly Integraph as the vendor. Also note that even if you do manage to get your hands on a SPARC version of NT4, there won't be any easily available service packs and updates (those were only released for the DEC and x86 - for all other architectures, it was up to the OEM to port and recompile, from what I remember.

However, a good debian sparc install for the Ultra5 might be a good choice ;).

Sometimes I wish DEC had kept Alpha and Microsoft would've continued support... :}

When I was stationed in South Korea there was another gentleman who had a Digital box running NT 3.51. That was absolutely one of the fastest NT 3.51 boxes I'd ever seen...and it was running all of a 486/DX2 66! I don't recall how much RAM it had, but I do remember that it had a SCSI drive subsystem.