Slipstreaming Sp1 takes forever

Jan1HP

hey guys,

first of all: thanks for vlite - its awesome !

unfortunately i have a minor problem with the integration of sp1 for vista. i got an asus g1s notebook with 2gig ram t7500 @2*22ghz gpu and a nvidia 8600gt and wanted to create my own installation-dvd for vista ultimate with an integrated sp1. i downloaded sp1 from the ms-homepage, opened vlite and selected the sp1.exe just as i read in f.a.q.'s. everythings works perfectly, until vlite tells me to wait for 60-90min. i turned off norton, windows firewall and stuff, but until now i've been waiting for like 4hourse. i tried to slipstream sp1 last night and i waited for like 3hours and had to exit vlite coz i wanted to go to bed. but i gave it a second shot abd then i got: failure. no changes were saved. after i rebooted today morning i could slipstream sp1 without any problem except for: please wiat for 60-90min or better wait forever... !? i checked my taskmanager and strangly vlite takes only 3.568k ram and 00 cpu. but i got an exe called "pkgmgr.exe" which takes 50gpu. so i dont know if vlite is doing something afterall or iam just waiting for nothing. any ideas?

cheers

It was working if pkgmgr is at 50% for dual core cpu.

But 4 hours...maybe your Norton is still running somehow, check if any other process is taking cpu time (also make sure not to make your hdd busy with something else).