Unattended XP pro SP3 install on multi partitions

I have used Nlite before with limited success. But had to make a customized disk for each machine I have.

I am trying to create ONE bootable XP DVD that contains XP SP3, Internet Explorer 8 (or at least IE7), Firefox Addon, Winrar Addon, & AVG Addon, Optional Windows Vista Themes, All updates and all the drivers for all my machines. I particularly have problems with integrating HP drivers using Nlite.

The part I need help with is to separate the data types onto separate partitions or physical drives.

I know Nlite can specify the "Programs files" partition. But I want to take this to the next level. Put: "My documents" onto its own physical drive, "Program Files" onto its own physical drive, "Temp" & "TMP" Files onto their own physical drive. Specify the Swapfile drive. ETC... ALL during the install.

IF this could be done it would save ma allot of time as I have seven machines to maintain. I need an answer XLM file or something.

I am starting with a Windows XP Pro Sp1a Disk and a SP2 separate disk.

All partitions are FAT32 and created in advance.

This is how I setup all my computers; I do this often.

Partition 0 C: is my Active booting Partition 500-750MB

Partition 1 D: is for TEMP & TMP Files 3.0-4.0GB

Partition 2 E: is for OS1 12.0-15.0GB

Partition 3 F: is for OS2 (usually a Clone of OS1) 12.0-15.0GB

Partition 4 E: is for OS2 (Clone of OS1) 12.0-15.0GB

Partition 5 F: is for Program Files 25.0-30.0 GB All OS's Use the same Programs File.

Partition 6 G: is For a Swapfle 2-3 times as large as my RAM, 4.10GB max

Partition 7 H: is for Documents and Data 80.0 GB separate drive.

Partition 8 J: is for downloading into 10.0-12.0 GB

Partition 9 K: is to store a backup copy of the DVD and each OS if not identical. 80.0 GB

Most people would not do this. But I have found definite benefits and increases in speed and reliability by doing this.

I am just stuck and need some ideas on how to accomplish this and create my Universal DVD.

Useful suggestions are appreciated.

MRG

MRGCAV@gmail.com

Wow that's a lot of partitions. For your needs, I think that imaging would be your best bet.

If you have a volume license for XP, I would just set up one pc the way you want it, and then use Ghost or Acronis to create an image of it and then reimage all the other pcs. If the pcs aren't the same model numbers (same hardware), then just use sysprep before creating the image. You can also incorporate drivers (I've used Bashrat's Driverpacks) if needed along the way. If you need to go the sysprep route do a search of the forum for combinations of the terms "universal" "sysprep" and "driverpacks" to get you started.