Reinstall office 2000

Tom54

My Access 2000 started acting funny - not running Save record commands (I ran the Access DB program on another computer and it ran fine). I removed Office 2000 from the hard drive w/ the Windows "Remove Programs" utility then reinstalled it. No change in the problem. I noticed that when I reinstalled Office 2000 that my Outlook came back just as it had before i dumped the program w/ all the stored e-mails and contacts in place. Did the remove program really remove it? I feel when I reinstalled it the same old program was put back in place.

There are 2 problems:

1) when they are uninstalled, most programs keep the settings on the computer (files in Application Data, registry) so if you reinstall, you won't have to reconfigure;

2) Office is from Microsoft and Windows is from Microsoft and some files/folders are "tied" to Windows once you install Office (or another MS app).

I had a similar issue with Microsoft Visual Studio and the only solution was reinstalling the operating system.

You can try to clean-up using CCleaner and RegCleaner, but I don't think it will solve your problem for sure.

There are 2 problems:

1) when they are uninstalled, most programs keep the settings on the computer (files in Application Data, registry) so if you reinstall, you won't have to reconfigure;

2) Office is from Microsoft and Windows is from Microsoft and some files/folders are "tied" to Windows once you install Office (or another MS app).

I had a similar issue with Microsoft Visual Studio and the only solution was reinstalling the operating system.

You can try to clean-up using CCleaner and RegCleaner, but I don't think it will solve your problem for sure.

Thanks - I have tried RegCleaner but made a mess of my system and had to wipe my hardrive - I reinstalled the office 2000 but used the "Repair" option and that seemed to work.