Cannot open old Micron Notebook chassis

PeaceByJesus

Hi, i volunteered to help fix an old but still usual laptop, a Micron NBKU360 TransPort Trek. I would like to remove the HD, but i cannot find a way to get to it. Unlike most laptops, there is no access panel, and the only tabs are for the battery and the DVD rom. Here are pics of what it looks like from a seller on ebay. If someone has ever opened one of these let me know. I want to take the screws out but the owner wants to avoid that.

The software problem is that the entire Windows folder has been deleted, and she has lost her Windows 98se disk that she bought. I was able to save all the rest of the data to an external drive by using a copy of knoppix.

Edited by PeaceByJesus

if there isnt an access panel for it on the bottom, i would try to removed the section above the keyboard. under that you will probably find 1-4 screws holding the keyboard in place. The HD is probably under the keyboard.

I hope yours is in better condition than the one in the pics though. that one looks like it has had a hard life.

Thanks for what seems to be a confirmation. I will tell the church lady. She thinks she opened it easily before but i think she is mistaken. I said that us guys like to take things apart, so give me the screw driver! I have a good fat32 recovery software software on my old 98 PC, and i am hoping (praying) to be able to use a ext. enclosure on her drive to recover the mysteriously deleted OS enough to restore it. Maybe.

Yes, this Micron is in better shape, but the one on ebay was only going for a dollar + 15.00 S+H, w/out a HD or OS.