SP1 + language packs?

Guest PLnet

Guest PLnet

I slipstreamed SP1 into installation, and then added 2 language packs (LV and RU, both taken from Windows Update), plus a few drivers. Made an ISO, burned, checked all the MD5. When booting from this DVD, I have a choice of 3 languages to install:

only English can be installed without problems, but it's not what I need :)

Russian - begins installation, finishes the "Expanding files" stage, then at "Installing components" shows an error: The installation was cancelled - Windows could not install the selected language.

Latvian - installation begins ok, goes almost till the end, then Vista goes into a serie of infinite restarts (SP1 installation bug, shows Phase 3 of 3 - 100% complete, then restarts and shows that "Phase 3 of 3 - 0% complete" again).

Could this error about Russian language be because of improper language pack integration? There's yet no SP1-compatible language packs available on Windows Update, but there's an SP1 package which is compatible with existing language packs, and that's what I used! Nuhi, maybe you can change the order and make vLite integrate languages before slipstreaming with SP1? Perhaps when languages are being added, some files already patched with SP1 are replaced back to RTM version so Vista Setup detects that language version is incorrect.

P.S. Last session.ini attached to describe what I altered in the installation

Last_Session.ini

post-188873-1209337454_thumb.jpg

Edited by PLnet

Also u have to slipstream 36 Language supported Service Pack. Not five language.

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 All Language Standalone for x86-based Systems (KB936330)

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 All Language Standalone for x64-based Systems (KB936330)

Also prefer SP1 Supported Language Packs released in last 10-12 days.

I dont know is this allowed but.

All Language pack link direct from microsoft can be found from here.

Windows Vista SP1 32-Bit MUI Language Packs Direct Download Links

Windows Vista SP1 64-Bit MUI Language Packs Direct Download Links

Edited by eryen

Guest PLnet

That's what I did ;) it's not the first time when I install SP1, but I'm tired to wait THAT long so I decided to integrate it at once into installation :) but maybe it's easier to download ready Vista SP1 image from Microsoft :)

Also prefer SP1 Supported Language Packs released in last 10-12 days.

I dont know is this allowed but.

All Language pack link direct from microsoft can be found from here.

Windows Vista SP1 32-Bit MUI Language Packs Direct Download Links

Windows Vista SP1 64-Bit MUI Language Packs Direct Download Links

thanks for a link, didn't know that, indeed :thumbup

Someone said to first integrate language pack then Slipstream.

well, that was my idea too, but it is said in vLite that nothing should be done before slipstreaming. Plus, the installation I slipstream is with Polish langpack already integrated, which disappears after slipstreaming+adding these two languages :angel however, I don't need Polish, so I'll just try these SP1-compatible langpacks :)

Edited by PLnet

• 1 month later...

i'm also having troubble splipstreaming SP1 and language packs into an installation...what about publishing a complete guide about this? actually there is only a guide for Sp integrations, that seems to be mutch easy than SP+LP

Integrating Language pack to SP1 integrated source creates more cleaner and reliable source to installation than Vista+SP1...

Integrating SP1 creates huge pending.xml file that will register/install/remove, new or old files at last setup sequence.