Replacing win 2k MSoft Task Manager utility

mikesw

Are there any good replacements for the Win 2K task manager utility that has more functionality than the

current one? Perhaps more like the one in XP or Vista and that may have alot of bells-in-whistles?

I'd like to see the following in my task manager replacement.

- network utilitization with graphics plotting for each network card installed.

- disk drive utilization per process and/or all processes.

- disk and cpu temperature per each device.

- user configurable to show from a minimized task bar icon a popup to show various parameters

I want to monitor.

- data collection of all these statictics to a csv file for excel based on data items to record user selectable.

- total computer up time.

- monitoring remote computers using this task manager from local computer

Edited by mikesw

Some free task managers that either duplicate or have more features than MSofts.

For starters, I'd like to at least match the features that Win XP (plus those in Vista) has since I have Win 2K

intalled. Thus, one feature is the graphics for each network card showing % utilization

etc which win 2K doesn't have. The other is disk utilization.

Here's some I've tried out.

www.whatsrunning.net

www.anvir.com for anvir task manager

www.devicelock.com for remote task manager (really a nice program)

Note: Remote Task Manager (RTM) from devicelock is the closest to MSOFT task manager with graphics.

However, anvir and whatsrunning show all the processes like sysinternals. These are nice programs.

http://dimio.altervista.org/eng/ dtaskmanager v1.51 plus other stuff he's written. For instance, Dshutdown which allows one to do local and remote shutdown of a PC - alot of options too.

Dtaskmanager does have graphics too for various hardware utilizations i.e. cpu, network. However,

on my Win 2K system, it could show me the data byte counts received/sent on the network card,

but it wouldn't show me them plotted on the network graphics section: it always showed 0%.

Edited by mikesw