HP Oem XP

Blackwar

Hey,

Right now, i installed the HP Windows XP Oem version that comes with your computer when u buy it.. and im wondering, how do they make everything work properly.. everything is so fast and s***.. is there a trick they do or something ? I want to learn how they make it work so nicely.. is it the proprietary drivers? or something like that? anyone have a idea? The reason i am asking this because i want to apply all the things they did on a fresh copy of the devilsown but everything i tried, i cant get it to work flawlessly like this one... I would use this version , its just that all the programs that are installed just bug bug me...

all comments appreciated greatly

thanks

BLACKWAR

That it is because it is proprietary, considering they design those systems with the basic moron in mind, they want their systems to work well, so idiots and imbeciles can have a good computing experience, and purchase their products in the future. I tell you what I did for a compaq PC. At first I just deleted all the programs that I didn't want, like the compaq diagnositcs, the internet crap, the help guides all that s***. Then I updated every driver etc... System worked well.

So if you like your setup but dont like the crap that is installed, go to control panel add/remove programs and get rid of all the s*** you don't want. Then if there is more s*** they have put in that doesnt have an uninstall, go to c:/programs/ and then delete the folders of the crap you don't want. After deleting them, do a search on your system for any files with the folder name. Then use reg cleaner to get rid of the registry entries that were made by those useless programs.

Big Booger

But truly, I am sure the devils own is just as good as an OEM. What in particular are you looking for in regards to performance etc... when you install the devils own?

BB

<<< Line Goes Here >>>

What in particular are you looking for in regards to performance etc... when you install the devils own?

BB

<<< Another Line Goes Here >>>

May I jump in please? I am in particular looking for the back door that M$ wrote-in so the govn't can sneek-a-peek

:)

...Big Booger, get that think man, dig, snort, yank em, get it - get it - get it lol

MSNwar - The FatMan

well... my main reason is that i can't have my 2nd backup partition that i usually have when i install devilsown.. And i tried to uninstall some s*** but the stuff that starts up at computer start up still stay there and if i uncheck them from the msconfig, then some s*** wont work.. I just want to start fresh n s***.. I hope i knew what they did to make this work so wel.. when i install devilsown, i cant make it as flawless as they did.. im lookin around the hard drive for some proprietary drivers so i can install when i put devilsown back up but the only thing i found was the drivers folder in C:hp, and they got drivers for every component. but i dont think that those drivers will do the job.. Any ideas on how to make a devilsown copy work so well? again.. all comments appreciated greatly

THanks

BLACKWAR

get it to run smooth is I installed tweakXp and run some of the features. It tends to optimize the ram nicely, it will get rid of most of that horses*** in the start menu, do the atomic clock sync (cause I like to stay on time with things) do the UDMA modification, set up your DVD/CDRW for their respective speeds, run the cache optimization, clear the pagefile on shutdown, etc...

To get rid of the s*** that you dont want starting in XP use the tweak xp system + file tweaks ----> autostarts, the click the all users tab, and get rid of the crap you don't use or want. IF that doesnt work do the msconfig deal, if that doesnt work, then try this site

http://www.extremetech.com/article/0,3396,...ap%253D6,00.asp

Very informative read with screenshots. Also, if you want to improve your boot times, try the bootvis, try going to your BIOS and setting up a quick boot, turn off PNP OS, etc....

Another thing is to disable the hibernation feature, defrag your PC often, update all your drivers for the best computing experience. Change to the Classic Windows Look, it helped my system.

http://www.tipsdr.com/

try the site linked above. Very informative.

Lastly, try installing the devils own on your PC as a laptop. See if you get any performance boost. ANother thing, install the very minimum s***.

If you want to get the driver files for your HP from the HP disk you need to search your cab files for the drivers you want. once you have found the cab that contains the driver files for your system

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;q129605

try that site for extraction.

Then put those files on a floppy or CD. Or stick em in a file folder etc... Then when you want to install your s***, use those files.

Big Booger

wow man

thanks a bunch

but one thing

what do u mean run devilsown on ur computer as a laptop?

and i gotta thank u for taking the time to write that long

ill try all those tips u gave me.. but tweakxp just gives me the nerves.. i hate that program

bootvis i usually use that..

defrag, i use the XP one.. do u have a better one i can use?

BLACKWAR

diskeeper is very nice, and quick.

What I mean run the devilsown as a laptop means, when you go to install, do a custom installation, choose laptop as your system and it might speed things up a bit, I dunno, I have never really tried it, though it should work.

big Booger

diskeeper is very nice, and quick.

What I mean run the devilsown as a laptop means, when you go to install, do a custom installation, choose laptop as your system and it might speed things up a bit, I dunno, I have never really tried it, though it should work.

big Booger

lol

i think all the difference it makes to choose a laptop installation is that it installs specific power saving features...