Just got Assassin's Creed for the PC

suryad

Runs great! And looks awesome! Lot of people had reported various sorts of issues with the game but I must be lucky. first there was the whole issue with DX 10.1 which apparently is incorporated into the game and that results in dramatic AA improvements etc etc. But anyway since Nvidia cards are not 10.1 capable I guess I am good for now since people are having issues. Not too sure on that one.

Playing the game @ 2560 x 1600 maxed out everything and getting a steady 40 fps. I am running the Nvidia latest beta drivers that have the Assassin's Creed sli profile in there. I have not tried AFR or anything else yet so I am going to try that tomorrow and see if I can eek out some more fps. All in all I finished the 1st level and am now in the city trying to explore. The parkour setup is just so fun to use!

Anybody else get the game?

Sure is a nice game. Did some heavy gaming with it. Finist it in about 3 day's taking the time. Its great getting a missions to kill someone. Find him and closing in for the kill. Than escape. Well doing everting you're way makes the game great fun.

Well do you have some cheat of program to show the frame rate? I sure like to see mine when i look around on top of the towers and when i jump down :)

So you guys have played the game on the PC? I had my first crash of the game...it crashed and brought down the whole system lol. I had to restart and I dont like that...why oh why did I go against my usual self imposed rule of not buying games right when they come out until at least a few patches are out? I guess the game is going to go back into its case for some time until I finish the others...

I had one of the nearly finished betas of Creed on the PC, ran perfect except for the fact i couldnt use my 360 pad!! :angry:

But i didnt notice any crashes so 10/10 - A hell of a lot more stable than Gears of War! Keeps getting stuck on bloody walls and i then need to die or restart!!! Grrrr!

• 2 weeks later...

just picked this game up... absolutely fantastic. Though the line and distance of sight for the various rooftop guards isn't so realistic (I can seem them, but they can't see me), interacting with the general populace is such an immersive experience vs the standard dumb NPCs in various games.

I've only completed the 1st 2 missions (Damascus and Acer), but I'm really having a lot of fun. Frame rate seems to drop pretty drastically when I sync to a viewpoint, but other than that the game flows flawlessly.