Slipstream XP Installation

steinmanal

I want to install XP with Mac Boot Camp.

I own a original full version of XP Pro, but it does not include SP2. (I'm certain that it is a full version.)

I carefully (and multiple times) created a bootable XP disk with SP using nLite.

When I do the Boot Camp installation, the Windows installer recognizes the disk as an upgrade, rather than a full version. It asks me to insert the full or previous version to prove that I qualify for the upgrade. I obviously cannot remove and replace the disk from the Mac, since there is no way to eject.

Can anyone offer any suggestions for I might resolve this issue?

Thanks much.

Alex

Hmmm... very weird. I had recently did a Mac Book install of Windows XP myself using a slipstreamed SP2 CD with RyanVM's UpdatePack and a bunch of addons with no trouble at all. I have however seen an xp disk act like an upgrade disk on a computer that had a faulty hard drive. As a matter of fact I had it happen to me today.

Hmmm... very weird. I had recently did a Mac Book install of Windows XP myself using a slipstreamed SP2 CD with RyanVM's UpdatePack and a bunch of addons with no trouble at all. I have however seen an xp disk act like an upgrade disk on a computer that had a faulty hard drive. As a matter of fact I had it happen to me today.

Thanks for the reply. How would I know if the hard drive is bad?