Deep Freeze + Outlook 2007(or 2003) = Impossible love?

breadandbubbles

If this post seems too long, please just read the shortened version of my situation at the bottom. im eager for any assistance you might be able to offer.

i am running a windows Xp Pro machine, with a partitioned hard drive.

i made C: the smallest part of the partition at 20gb. the remaining 200 or so fall under D:.

long ago i decided to apply deep freeze to my computer, which a lot of people think of as stupid, but with freuent visiting reletives (7 younger siblings included), housemates, and friends, it works for me. actually, the MAIN reason i did it is iTunes, at first. friends with ipods could install itunes, take any of my 30,000 songs, and with one reboot, itunes is gone.

the important part to note here is that my D: drive is NOT frozen. and its also the home of a vast majority of my installed programs. also 'My Documents', 'Favourites', 'Desktop'...everything is on D:.

but ive been running into a few rare exception when it doesnt work. Microsoft Student gives me a few problems, but nothing i cant work around with ease.

im not really an email person, but after learning about 'imap' instead of pop3, i thought id give my Outlook 2007 a try. everything set up fine, and it works great, but i know that if i reboot, itll all go away.

now, with the way Outlook works, everything you do in your account is saved to a "Personal Folder File".

My Question is This:

How do i make my account, and thus my personal folder file, in Outlook 2007 (or 2003) work of off the D: drive, not the C: drive, so that all my emails and ...well...everything in Outlook wont go away when i reboot my DeepFrozen machine? i have found a few settings that lead me to belive im CLOSE to the answer, but it never works. is it even possible? i feel like it SHOULD be, considering possible business situations like this...though with Microsoft Exchange, maybe not...

anyway, does anyone know how to do it? even in Outlook 2003? please?!

I agree

And don’t feel stupid about having deepfreeze on you home computer. After working with it as an administrator, I have installed it at home too - best malware / antivirus protection there is!

Make it unfreeze automatically one day a week, and set Windows automatic update to install at that same day - this also give the antivirus a chance of being up to date.

Kind Regards.

Martin Andersen