Weird cursor in input fields

Pensionada

I am busy fixing an XP system for someone else. All has succeeded without too many problems except for the cursor in input fields.

This has become a large block covering more than one position and I cannot get it back to the normal thin line.

Obviously, I tried "start-config screen -mouse -pointers", but the input field cursor is not in that list.

Anybody?

I also get a weird cursor on my computer at home. it looks like a backwards 1. It doesn't cause a problem but it just isn't the normal cursor. I never tried looking into changing it.

In this case, it does create problems because it covers more than one position, so if you make a typing error it is difficult to know where the cursor is exactly.

That is why I am looking for a solution.

I am busy fixing an XP system for someone else. All has succeeded without too many problems except for the cursor in input fields.

This has become a large block covering more than one position and I cannot get it back to the normal thin line.

Obviously, I tried "start-config screen -mouse -pointers", but the input field cursor is not in that list.

Anybody?

Sounds like what I get when the Insert key is active on the command line. Is your Insert key stuck? Have you tried another keyboard? Just a thought.

Stan

Anybody?

Sounds like what I get when the Insert key is active on the command line. Is your Insert key stuck? Have you tried another keyboard? Just a thought.

Stan

Good thinking, but no, unfortunately. The owner tells me that he was playing around with all kinds of settings and then it happened ....