diskcleanup

Walkerboy

Firstoff, I have been reading this forum for quite sometime...let me say I have enjoyed your input to others...well done.

My dilemma...I am trying to perform diskcleanup on XP PRO. I have 4 accounts: 1 admin(not used), My account(admin), and 2 other users that I try to prevent them from doing any damage. I was trying to perform diskcleanup and it only worked in the account I was logged in as. Specifically, I was trying to remove all (100,000+) temporary interent files from all users. I was forced to login as each user to wipe it clean with the cleanup utility. I also have system mechanic which didn't catch the files in the other accounts either, surprisingly. Any ideas on how to perform this task from one account?

thanks

peace out

While I don't know the answer to your question since I am the only user on my PC let me try to offer you a remedy. In Internet Options, Advanced, Security, put a check on Empty Temporary Internet Files When Browser is Closed. Then do the same for every Account. After this you don't have to keep clearing out these files for every user.