Rebuild all/ Rebuild one

satyrias

I want to slipstream Vista SP1. I see there are options to select Rebuild all or Rebuild one when click the "Component". When we start, we have to choose which version to slipstream in the first place, then how can we rebuild all version after that process? I am just confused...

Also after the slipstream, where do I go to remove components? I don't get the option to remove.

Any help?

After the slipstream just think like you would if you browsed to the new distribution. So just go to the Tasks page and select what you want, excluding Slipstream.

Ok Thanks.

I wonder what will happen if I select to "rebuild all", since we have to select the version in the beginning? what I understand "rebuild all" means rebuilding all versions of the Vista. How is it possible after slipstreaming one version?

It just rebuilds image indexes so the same files are used once and the old ones are deleted.

So you did change only the selected version but others would be reindexed and thus in total possibly smaller. I say possibly because other versions are still RTM and the new one is SP1 so they cannot share the same indexes. Still it can help to remove some of the no more used stuff from selected RTM which isn't in other versions.

Basically Rebuild One is recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

It's allready done, i haven't rebuild at all but after integrating sp1 in all 7 versions i've used the "create iso" button and they all seem to work fine :D

The Vlite version installs faster than de original dvd without sp1 :D