XP Desktop Color file

syst3merror

I wrote an AutoIT script that changes the desktop to a certain look for a customer. It does it almost exclusively with the registry. I had to set a machine up with the colors I wanted, then go into the registry and get the appriopriate settings. Then I scripted those settings for all other machines we get that needs those colors.

Actually, I have it archived right now... I can post the source code tomorrow.

I know where the registry is to edit it, but I don't know what to open it with to edit it. Notepad shows random characters. I'll just keep trying.

Check back later today and I will post the values you need to input. You will just need to import a reg file, and then make the computer reboot.

Here is part of the program that changes the appearance. The original program also installs a font for use in the 3D Text screen saver but I left that part out.

; change windows appearance
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Appearance","Current","REG_SZ","Red, White, and Blue (VGA)")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Appearance","NewCurrent","REG_SZ","Red, White, and Blue (VGA)")
RegDelete("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager","WCreatedUser","REG_SZ","1")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager","ThemeActive","REG_SZ","0")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Appearance\New Schemes","SelectedStyle","REG_SZ","13")
; change Color Scheme
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","ActiveBorder","REG_SZ","192 192 192")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","ActiveTitle","REG_SZ","128 0 0")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","AppWorkSpace","REG_SZ","255 255 255")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","Background","REG_SZ","0 0 66")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","ButtonAlternateFace","REG_SZ","192 192 192")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","ButtonDkShadow","REG_SZ","0 0 0")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","ButtonFace","REG_SZ","192 192 192")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","ButtonHilight","REG_SZ","255 255 255")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","ButtonLight","REG_SZ","192 192 192")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","ButtonShadow","REG_SZ","128 128 128")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","ButtonText","REG_SZ","0 0 0")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","GradientActiveTitle","REG_SZ","0 16 168")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","GradientInactiveTitle","REG_SZ","186 190 201")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","GrayText","REG_SZ","128 128 128")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","Hilight","REG_SZ","128 0 0")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","HilightText","REG_SZ","255 255 255")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","HotTrackingColor","REG_SZ","128 0 0")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","InactiveBorder","REG_SZ","192 192 192")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","InactiveTitle","REG_SZ","128 128 128")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","InactiveTitleText","REG_SZ","192 192 192")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","InfoText","REG_SZ","0 0 128")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","InfoWindow","REG_SZ","255 255 255")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","Menu","REG_SZ","192 192 192")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","MenuBar","REG_SZ","192 192 192")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","MenuHilight","REG_SZ","128 0 0")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","MenuText","REG_SZ","0 0 0")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","Scrollbar","REG_SZ","192 192 192")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","TitleText","REG_SZ","255 255 255")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","Window","REG_SZ","255 255 255")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","WindowFrame","REG_SZ","0 0 0")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors","WindowText","REG_SZ","0 0 0")
; restarts the pc
Run ( "c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -r -f -t 0" )