[Request] Intel Thermal Analysis Tool

Venos

Hi everybody! :hello:

I'm trying to create a silent setup for this application, which can tell the temperature of the Intel CPUs, but i just can't get it: when I try to put /s in the Winrar self-extracting archive, the setup doesn't start and typing /s, /q, /verysilent and other things has no effect :(

Can somebody help me? :unsure:

The file can be downloaded here: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/392/mirrors.php

Hi everybody! :hello:

I'm trying to create a silent setup for this application, which can tell the temperature of the Intel CPUs, but i just can't get it: when I try to put /s in the Winrar self-extracting archive, the setup doesn't start and typing /s, /q, /verysilent and other things has no effect :(

Can somebody help me? :unsure:

The file can be downloaded here: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/392/mirrors.php

It's an Installshield installer. You can install first with switch /r. Then extract tat.exe with Universal Extractor and copy setup.iss file from Windows folder in the same folder with setup.exe.

For silent install run setup.exe with switch /s.

The problem is that the application will be install allways in the same path which you choose when you installed with switch /r (e.g. C:\Program Files\Intel Corporation\Thermal Analysis Tool).

Here I am! (back...) :hello:

Thank you Radix!

I'm trying to do what you wrote but i have a problem: I did installed it but I cannot open TAT.exe with Universal Extractor and I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing :wacko:

And I don't find setup.iss in my Windows folder, what's wrong? :unsure:

Forgive my ignorance, could you please explain it better? :blushing:

Thank you :)

Here I am! (back...) :hello:

Thank you Radix!

I'm trying to do what you wrote but i have a problem: I did installed it but I cannot open TAT.exe with Universal Extractor and I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing :wacko:

And I don't find setup.iss in my Windows folder, what's wrong? :unsure:

Forgive my ignorance, could you please explain it better? :blushing:

Thank you :)

I said to install with /r switch. This will create an answer file in Windows folder, named setup.iss.

Now do right click on tat.exe and Uniextract to subdir, then OK. Copy setup.iss in Disk1 folder, made a batch file with this code inside:

@echo off
start /wait setup.exe /s
exit

and make your silent installer and then the add-on.

When you use /r switch, if you install in C:\Program Files\Intel Corporation\Thermal Analysis Tool,

your silent installer will always install the program in that folder, except if you edit setup.iss and

write another path.