Installing Updates through a batch file.

rayddi

Hello to everyone,

I have downloaded all the updates for XP and stored them in a network share.

So I can run a batch file and I can perform a silent install. There is no problem till this stage.

When I download new updates I am adding them to the existing share in the same folder where the previous updates are located. So I can add the new KB number to the existing batch file to perform the installation. Doing by this the batch file is installing the old updates all again and installing the new once. I want to skip the old once and install only the new updates which are not installed in the system.

What I want to do is,

1. When I run the batch file I want the batch file to check for all the updates on the system and on the folder, skip the previous installed updates on the system and install the new updates.

2. If possible create a log of newly installed updates on a network share.

Please can anyone provide me a solution how to create a batch file to perform this task. I appreciate any help.

Thank’s guys….

well you can do one of 2 things here my man...you can either (if your system is running a Server environment) install the WSUS and let that delegate your updates for you and its the easiest to setup and install....or you need to DITCH the BATCH file and you need to write yourself a VBScript and this way can be quite lengthy and complicated to do. Hope this gives you some insight