Windows vista home premium general question

jgmc

:wacko: I have windows vista home premium on my new desktop. I down loaded an excel file from the bank that says Microsoft Office Excel Comma Separated Values file. When I first open the file it says, enter code, not sure what that meant so I put in the digits for my xp professional and then office xp and it said wrong code. so is it that my new computer is test driving the microsoft 2007. when I open excel from my computer shortcut no problems. Just this file I downloaded from citibank.

any idea?

Thank you

:blushing:Yes, after cancellation of the code insert window I can view it but of course the whole excel set up is different then the one that I've been using.

I haven't done anything except download those files from the bank. The only thing I have been trying to do is try to make the new Linksys WUSB300N adapter work on this HP desk top. The computer won't boot up if the WUSB300N is plugged in. So that's a pain to have to remove the usb then plug it back in.

New computers seem to have a mind of their own. :unsure:

Edited by jgmc

This sounds more like an Excel issue rather than a Vista issue.

Can you open the file if you open Excel using the shortcut first, then open the file from within Excel?

Can you open other Excel files without needing to enter a code?

Have you previously activated your version of Office?

If it is a trial version, it should only prompt you that you have x numebr of days or x number of times of use left before activation is required.