Query DHCP Lease Duration Information

somesh

Hi,

We want to query for the lease duration of a subnet scope on DHCP server remotely in our product.

Following things which we tried returned only half information.

1) DhcpGetSubnetInfo API returns only some information like subnet name, comment, and subnet mask. It doesn’t give other information like IP range and Lease duration.

2) We tried using COM (DHCPObjs) object (present in Windows 2000 resource toolkit). But it doesn’t give Lease duration.

Is there any other way to find Lease Duration either through Registry, WMI, dhcp.mdb(DHCP database) or any other source?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks & Regards

~ Somesh

I forgot to mention that we are not getting any source for reading Lease duration information in case DHCP server is on Windows 2003 and later OS. On windows 2000 server we read registry to find all the DHCP subnet information, but as per research till now, this information is not present in registry in case DHCP server is on windows 2003 platform.

Thanks in advance

Somesh

Thanks for reply; but we are interested getting Lease Duration that is configured for a subnet scope;

We can get the Lease Expiry information for subnet clients using WIN32 API (DhcpEnumSubnetClients) also;

Any idea how we can read lease duration for subnet scope when DHCP server is on Windows 2003 OS?

Thanks

~Somesh

Edited by somesh

I'm pretty sure that on Windows 2003 getting this information, even using the DHCP MMC snapin, requires that you be in at least one of the following domain groups:

Domain Admins

Enterprise Admins

DHCP Administrators

I do know that if you're not in at least one of those groups, you can't even connect to a DHCP Server with the DHCP MMC Snapin.