Registry Entries (need help)

Hi.

I have been adding entries to the Hive files so that they get written to the registry on installation instead of use .REG files, now the problem is that they are not getting written to the registry.

Here is an example of one of the entries.

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run",,0x00000012

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","Yod'm 3D",0,"%SYSTEMROOT%\%Y3D%\Yodm3D.exe /HIDE"

I would be very grateful for any help on this.

Many Thanks

Worf.

The first line, the reason for which I have no idea, is nevertheless incomplete; it should read:

either

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run",,0,"12"

or

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run",,0x00010001,0x00000012

or many other combinations of!

The second line should look a little more like:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","Yod'm 3D",0,"""%10%\%Y3D%\Yodm3D.exe"" /HIDE"

You would also need to ensure that a line looking something like

Y3D = yodm3D

exists under the

[Strings]

section

Hi

I have been trying to add entries to the registry through the hive files and not through using .REG files but some do not seem to be written to the registry on installation.

Example:

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run",,0x00000012

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","Yod'm 3D",0,"%SYSTEMROOT%\%Y3D%\Yodm3D.exe /HIDE" HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","Y-Shadow",0,"%SYSTEMROOT%\%YS%\yzshad.exe /HIDE"

Some HKLM entries seems to get written to the registry but not the entries above.

I would be very grateful for any help here.

Many Thanks

Worf.

Is this some sort of joke?

You've already asked this, it was answered, partly at least, a few hours ago and is the previous post to this one.

For this you have earned a warning, please try to act a little more responsibly in future!

Posts Merged

Thank you Yzöwl.

I want to add small programs and icon, ect to my unattended manualy instead of using addons.

Will try your tips, just hope this works so that i can get on with adding other things.

Once again thanks you, will let you know if they work

Worf

As i said in my pm to you Yzöwl, the first posts did not show up as being posted not even after ten minutes so i posted it again and not even that one showed up as being posted and i could not even edit my second post to ask for it to be deleted as it would not let me. That is why there were two posts the same.

For the purpose you require them, editing the hives in this way is a difficult method of managing your installs corrupting the hive would be disasterous. You'd be better off importing your information through a single inf file.