Wireless Mouse

Evanhoe

Hi,

I've been using Microsoft ''Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2'' since jan 2005 and up to now,it has worked as expected.But recently the ''right click button'' is not responding as before.I have to really drive it down hard,for it to work properly.I gather it's at the end of it's life after 3 years!

I'm going to buy a new one,but I'd like to know advantages (If Any) between a Wireless or Laser type Mouse !

I'd love to hear of someones experience with a Laser type Mouse,and whether they'd recommended it over a Wireless one.Thanks.

Van

Laser and wireless are not exclusive. The Logitech G7, for example, is a wireless laser mouse.

In my opinion - there isn't that much advantage to laser. I'm still using an LED based Logitech MX518, and it does very well for me in just about every aspect. Wireless technologies have come a long way since that archaic mouse you've been using (:P), but they're still not perfect when it comes to interference from other wireless devices.

I’m using the MX610 now, not a bad mouse but not good when you use it close to a WIFI router. I had to use a USB extension cable to get the receiver close to my mouse (next to my keyboard). If you don’t use WIFI then it’s a perfect mouse for its money. The advantage of a laser mouse over an optical mouse is that it’s not getting "fooled" that fast with reflecting surfaces or surfaces with images on them.

So, in general what Zxian said except for the laser part ;).

Laser and wireless are not exclusive. The Logitech G7, for example, is a wireless laser mouse.

In my opinion - there isn't that much advantage to laser. I'm still using an LED based Logitech MX518, and it does very well for me in just about every aspect. Wireless technologies have come a long way since that archaic mouse you've been using (:P), but they're still not perfect when it comes to interference from other wireless devices.

Hi Zxian,

Thanks for the tip.I guess I'll stick with a Wireless Optical Mouse,since that worked perfectly for me ,in the past 3 years.

In your opinion,is it normal for them (Mice) to act up after 3 years?

I’m using the MX610 now, not a bad mouse but not good when you use it close to a WIFI router. I had to use a USB extension cable to get the receiver close to my mouse (next to my keyboard). If you don’t use WIFI then it’s a perfect mouse for its money. The advantage of a laser mouse over an optical mouse is that it’s not getting "fooled" that fast with reflecting surfaces or surfaces with images on them.

So, in general what Zxian said except for the laser part ;).

puntoMX,

Thanks for the above info.That's the kind of tip that helps to make a good decision,on what Mouse to buy next.The MS Wireless Optical Mouse,always worked good for me,until now.I will chek out Logitek though.

3 Years?? Thats pretty long actually!

Hi Kel,

I paid $50. on sale back in 05,so I expected longer life than 3 years!However that's how things are today.Right now I can buy a Logitech LX5 for $10. (Reduced by $40.) an older model I know,but if it does the same thing as my original mouse then that's the way to go for me.Thanks

Not all people seem to use it that mush as "we" do indeed. When you play Diablo 2 every day for 2 hours you will be happy if it gets an age of 2 years :P.
I paid $50. on sale back in 05,so I expected longer life than 3 years!
Logitech gives 5 years on some of there mice...

Not all people seem to use it that mush as "we" do indeed. When you play Diablo 2 every day for 2 hours you will be happy if it gets an age of 2 years :P.
I paid $50. on sale back in 05,so I expected longer life than 3 years!
Logitech gives 5 years on some of there mice...

I don't play games,but I'm on the Internet 3 hours a day,so maybe I was lucky it lasted 3 years in fact! Yeah,I'm headed to Logitech,to see if I can get something suitable,at the right price.Thanks.