How To Easily Disable CD or DVD Auto Eject in Vista

MikeyHunt

How To Easily Disable CD or DVD Auto Eject in Windows Vista

Author: Raymond

When I started using Windows Vista, one of the cool feature I noticed was my DVD-RW drive automatically ejects when I click on the drive in Windows Explorer! There’s also a window saying “Insert a disc. Please insert a disc into drive E:.” How nice, Vista is supposedly smart enough to eject when there are no disc in the drive. Well, the coolness only lasted for a while and it became an annoyance because I will occasionally wrongly click on the DVD-RW drive when I actually wanted to access my hard drive. When it ejects, I had to manually close it. The worst part was my computer case has a cover that covers the DVD drive. So whenever I accidentally click on the DVDRW drive, the DVDRW tray will eject and hit on my computer case cover which I don’t think it is pleasant to the hardware.

Disable Vista Insert A Disc

I tried searching for a setting or registry hack that can turn off my DVDRW drive auto eject in Windows Vista but couldn’t find any. It seems that this “feature” is hard coded and there is no way to disable it. I don’t believe that it can’t be done so I did a little research, and I found an easy way to disable Windows Vista CD/DVD drive auto eject feature.

Read the rest of this entry »

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/0...-windows-vista/