winamp

rtrg

I am concidering useing WINAMP primarily because of it*s built in content library that I presume can be selected and sent to the player for display. I explored the WINAMP site and it looks like the system is very complicated to use as opposed to the family of WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYERS. What I need from anyone here is specific info as to how to USE WINAMP, hopefully in a step by step formay. The 2 email adresses provided result in failure to send. My HANDLE is recognizes but when I try to sign in that info is rejected as is my email adress for retrieval/ password reset, ect. It*s like they are invisible to their users. Any info anyone here can provide as to the use of WINAMP or WORKING contacts for WINAMP will be frustrateing to say the least. I have never had a problem contacting any web site in the past, except of course those that chose to ignore me. Please help me as I do not know where else to go. Thank you in advance.

:blink:

i've used Winamp for years, and i feel like for general media organization and management, its excellent, but i wouldn't rip music with it.

what is it that you want to know? once you open up the playlist and drag and drop files (audio and/or video) the UI is very obvious.

once you move into the newer version, you get the advanced media library, but i'm still using an old version. i can get back to you with it, but i'm running Ubuntu right now, and i'm downloading Ubuntu Studio, and i prefer to use apps like that natively not emulated.

i'm not sure how hard it could be to download it, and start exploring.

Edited by bonestonne

:blink:

i've used Winamp for years, and i feel like for general media organization and management, its excellent, but i wouldn't rip music with it.

what is it that you want to know? once you open up the playlist and drag and drop files (audio and/or video) the UI is very obvious.

once you move into the newer version, you get the advanced media library, but i'm still using an old version. i can get back to you with it, but i'm running Ubuntu right now, and i'm downloading Ubuntu Studio, and i prefer to use apps like that natively not emulated.

i'm not sure how hard it could be to download it, and start exploring.

I guess what I am asking is for some guidence in useing it. Since my first posting I did download it with the classic skin.. I also downloaded the control panel in the tool bar. Most programs I have used are intuitve this one seems a bit daunting to me. Does the tool bar controls remain visible when the screen is at FULL? If not is there a way I can make the screen as large as possible while keeping the toolbar visible? Does the toolbar work indepedantly of any of the other "TRANSPORT" comtrols(analogos to a vcr front panel or dvd player)? Can web content be IMPORTED INTO the player? How? This is what I mean by guidence. This is what a printed owners manual for a physical product would cover/