Possible to reinstall Video Capture?

Woagie

You can reinstall almost all.

I had removed Windows file system filter manager, but I needed it for WinBuilder. I inserted my WinXP CD, searched for the file wimfltr.sy_ , copied it to C:\ and in the cmd I wrote:

expand C:\winfltr.sy_ C:\winfltr.sys

It is important to use the expand command and not rename them.

After that copied it to C:\WINDOWS\system32

Restart and finish.

If it is a .dll or .ocx file you'll have to register it. Start->Run->regsvr32 dllname.dll

You have to search the file(s) on your Windows CD and that is the problem. Not every filename is as simple as winfltr.sy_. But possible is it almost ever.

I hope I could help.

/EDIT: For the windows file system filter manager there was/were one or two other files but same process as I declared above.

I will start to make a programm which can reinstall some components or some more components. That will be a hard work because I don't know which files are necessary for a component. nlite for removing, my program for adding. I will report back if I finished the first beta.

@nuhi: How can I check wether the source is a valid XP CD? Thanks

Edited by unbekannt15

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know where I would find the Cardbus Controller on the windows CD?

I have a Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller, and it won't install. I'm not using it, its just p***ing me off knowing that something isn't installed right lol :) To be honest, I'll probly disable it once I get it working, but I want it in case I need it, and I really don't want to remake a cd and install ALL of my drivers again. (it's taken me all day!!)

Thanks all