Support for msp files?

Tomalak

Hello,

is it possible to add support for *.msp files - and not only *.msi - in HFSVCPACK_SW1? After installing Windows XP, MU and MBSA always complain about a missing Office 2007 SP1 (huh?), but in fact only the download of a 12 MB file is necessary: "clientsharedmuisp1-de-de_<garbage>.cab" (it is contained, without the <garbage> part in its name, in the full service pack of 231 MB for the German version, but also available as a standalone file).

It contains a single installer patch, "ClientSharedMUIsp1-de-de.msp", which is an update for Windows web folders 12. It can be executed by doubleclicking on it, msiexec starts then. Could that execution be added to hfslip so I can automate the installation of this service pack at T-13? Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Tomalak

Web Folders isn't easy to slipstream. Webfldrs-KB892211-ENU.exe works great (it simply replaces the existing MSI file in the Windows source) but the newer versions are completely rewritten packages with additional files.

I'll see if I can add support for standalone MSP packages.

• 2 months later...
I'll see if I can add support for standalone MSP packages.

Any news regarding this feature?

As I haven't found a something about web folders being updated in SP3 (list of included fixes) I guess this is still a required update after the installation of Windows. Is someone able to verify this, I won't be able to try it myself before next week? Thanks!

Regards,

Tomalak

Does it work if you change the extension to msi?

No, it does not. If you try to rename the file and start the installer with a double click on it, it gives you an error message about an invalid installation package (as it is only a patch). So I didn't even bother to copy the renamed file to the hfslip folder and actually try an installation.

However, the problem is gone with SP3 now: neither WU/MU nor MBSA report that strange missing Office 2007 SP1 package which contains the web folder update. I guess it's included in SP3 now, even though at first glance I couldn't find it in the list of included fixes...

So no need to support installer patches in hfslip at the moment... Thanks anyway!

Kind regards,

Tomalak

What I meant was to change the extension to *.msi and have it handled by HFSLIP. I didn't expect it to work by double-clicking it, but it may work with the switches that HFSLIP uses to install *.msi files.

What I meant was to change the extension to *.msi and have it handled by HFSLIP. I didn't expect it to work by double-clicking it, but it may work with the switches that HFSLIP uses to install *.msi files.

Okay, that could the case of course. But I have not enough time this week to test this fully, sorry. And as the problem is gone with SP3 now (no web folder update necessary any more), you shouldn't bother to add this feature as long as no one wants it. I hereby step back from my inital request :angel