Increased Granularity?

dd_wizard

Is there any chance that other drivers besides printers and disc drives could be broken out by vendor? The ONLY place I've been able to find a signed, 64 bit, hardware compatible modem driver for my laptop is in the MS x64 drivers that come with the original Vista disc. I've searched all over, but Toshiba elected to use an Agere modem chip set on the Realtek HDA audio bus. The only hardware compatible drivers are from Toshiba, and they never bothered to make a 64 bit version of the driver available. They have an updated 32 bit driver, so I'm able to use it and vLite out the MS modem drivers on a 32 bit install.

This might be useful for other odd hardware configurations, especially for 64 bit Vista. I'm sure other hardware IDs are unique to a particular brand/model.

Thanks,

dd_wizard

All can be separated, only issue is that it is tedious work which is useful for only a handful of people in the special situations.

I will save in todo to separate modems but it depends on the mood.

Thanks Nuhi. I was hoping it would be something simple, but that's hardly ever the case. It's an awesome program as it is!

EDIT: I just built the x64 vLite iso, and including the modem drivers only added 22.9MB. So it's not a huge bloat just to include the modem drivers.

dd_wizard

Edited by dd_wizard