Network Discovery keeps turning off

mara-

Hi,

I'm running Vista x64 SP1. I have problem with Network Discovery and File Sharing. It keeps turning off. It will turn of if I sleep, hibernate, restart or shut down my computer. Any solution for this? I done some Google search and I sow that people have same problems but no one got an answer with solution. I really hope that someone have solution for this, because it is really annoying.

Cheers ;)

No, there is no errors related to this. But I just noticed that after some time Network Discovery just turns off, even if computer is running all day. And as I could sow while searching on Google, only Vista x64 have this problem.

Cheers ;)

No, there is no errors related to this. But I just noticed that after some time Network Discovery just turns off, even if computer is running all day. And as I could sow while searching on Google, only Vista x64 have this problem.

Cheers ;)

hmm what is your network setup (router, switchs etc)? are you running vista SP1 64-bit? i have been running sp1 of 64 bit for awhile and not seen this issue, what kind of NIC do you have in your box?

Yes, I'm running Vista SP1 64-bit as I wrote in first post. Here is how my network is set: I have router which I use to connect to the internet (connected via USB). Other computer is connected over router too (using LAN cable) so it can use internet too. And now with help of router we have network between us. Also there is third computer which is connected over LAN card in my computer (this one which is connected via USB with router). Other two computers are running XP SP2 x86. Also I had to create network bridge with my and the third computer, so the third one could have internet too.

Router is Thomson SpeedTouch 530v6.

LAN card is Atheros L2 Fast Ethernet 10/100 (integrated card on ASUS P5LD2-X/1333).

Cheers ;)

Yes, I'm running Vista SP1 64-bit as I wrote in first post. Here is how my network is set: I have router which I use to connect to the internet (connected via USB). Other computer is connected over router too (using LAN cable) so it can use internet too. And now with help of router we have network between us. Also there is third computer which is connected over LAN card in my computer (this one which is connected via USB with router). Other two computers are running XP SP2 x86. Also I had to create network bridge with my and the third computer, so the third one could have internet too.

LAN card is Atheros L2 Fast Ethernet 10/100 (integrated card on ASUS P5LD2-X/1333).

Cheers ;)

:) sorry about missing the Sp1 part, if you could, fo rtestign purposes can we disconnect the bridge on your computer and hook it directly to the modem Via a ethernet cable?

Since using previous SP1 (the beta before RTM), I've notice some of my USB ports becoming inactive (losing battery/voltage and otherwise). My Zune and USB HDD works on only half of my USB ports. I am currently using SP1 RTM...haven't had a chance to test Zune yet.

Cheers ;)

:) sorry about missing the Sp1 part, if you could, fo rtestign purposes can we disconnect the bridge on your computer and hook it directly to the modem Via a ethernet cable?

OK, I'll try it and I'll post the results.

Since using previous SP1 (the beta before RTM), I've notice some of my USB ports becoming inactive (losing battery/voltage and otherwise). My Zune and USB HDD works on only half of my USB ports. I am currently using SP1 RTM...haven't had a chance to test Zune yet.

I don't think it is problem with USB ports since I don't have any problem with internet connection. I don't have problem with network while Network Discovery is active, but it keeps turning off, and it's starting to go on my nerves.

Cheers ;)