How to disable quick launch in registry

oskingen

Hi, is there a reg tweak for not showing the quick launch from the taskbar?

Quick Launch is not shown by default, but if you want to hide it at a later moment when it's shown, you can for example use toggleql.exe, which can be used for making Quick Launch visible and hiding it.

• 2 months later...
no Reg tweak for that as its a dll call

mmmh... not really true. No reliable way to tick or untick the option in Taskbar Properties (only an hex value that differs from a system config to another), that's true. But you can disable it through Registry anyway. As QuickLaunch is a toolbar like the others, if I disable toolbars in User Policies the QuickLaunch Menu is also disabled. I personnally don't use any toolbar on taskbar, neither language bar nor Links nor Address nor anything else so I don't miss this features at all. So just use this trick according to your own needs and uses :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoToolbarsOnTaskbar"=dword:00000001
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

Note: If you set NoSaveSettings to dword:00000001, the settings will be restored to default at next Windows start.

Edited by FenyX

• 1 year later...

Thanks for your 1 year later reply, lol. But I'm not sure that this hex values will work on all machines. For example, it doesn't works on mine. As said above

No reliable way to tick or untick the option in Taskbar Properties (only an hex value that differs from a system config to another)

But thanks anyway for your try. :hello:

Edited by FenyX