Creating Windows XP Pro Bootable DVD?

Hi,

I finished up my winnt.sif file and Im ready to burn it onto a DVD.

A few questions though....

1. What IMAGE FILE do I need in order for the new DVD-Bootable media to work on start-up??

Because I did one for Win2000 Pro, and I had to locate a image file called MICROSOFT CORPORATION.IMG.....

So what would be for the XP and where should I copy and paste this into?

2. Also, whar type of DVD-Rs should I get??? Should I get the + or - R ??

Please help.

Hi,

I finished up my winnt.sif file and Im ready to burn it onto a DVD.

A few questions though....

1. What IMAGE FILE do I need in order for the new DVD-Bootable media to work on start-up??

Because I did one for Win2000 Pro, and I had to locate a image file called MICROSOFT CORPORATION.IMG.....

So what would be for the XP and where should I copy and paste this into?

2. Also, whar type of DVD-Rs should I get??? Should I get the + or - R ??

Please help.

Before you even want to waste media on that, have you tried to install it in a virtual PC before .. because is it more than just Winnt.sif you have change it might be a good idea to test all installation are going as they should.

But are you having a copy of the Original XP Cd, you dont need any bootimage , you just need to make a ISO first, then burn it i preferre IMGburn for DVD but remember if it isnt over 700 mb your installation use CD

1. Download BBIE.EXE and use it to rip your boot sector files from your installation disc to a file on your hard disk. Use an application such as Nero to burn your files to DVD and make sure that you specify that Nero should use the ripped boot sector files for the DVD.

2. It depends on what your writer can burn. Some can burn only one of these formats, others can burn both. It also depends on the reader you want to read them in later. My laptop has more difficulty reading DVD-R, than DVD+R, hence I always use DVD+R's to burn my files on.