One more Iexpress issue

I have this batch file that runs a sequence of commands, actually they're Dell bios setups and flashes. Three set the boot order. One changes some settings. And one reboots the machine and flashes it. A sequence of 5 commands...and I mention they're Dell bios files created with Dell Client Configuration Utility because it's notoriously difficult to deal with.

Anyway the batch file works fine. When I create a Winzip self extractor it works fine.

When I use Iexpress to package it the first command runs then it just quits. Echo is turned on so I'm seeing everything on screen. It just stops. But if you run it again on the same machine it works as expected.

I'm at a loss on how to even trouble shoot it so any thoughts would be a huge help.

Thanks!

Just in case anyone has any thoughts on this....In my command file I had originally thought it was bombing out becuase the exe's I run only take a fraction of a second, so I added some ping localhost statements between each one to slow it down a bit.

I changed the first ping before the first exe to n 15 so it takes longer, and that appears to have done the trick. Now my Iexpress package of these files takes about 12 seconds before it's doing anything, but completes the entire cmd file now on the first attempt.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Sure thing...the sleep.exe statements I've had in there, and I could have used another but I wanted the ping to stand out, and adding that enabled this package to start working. I dont' have the files with me now that wouldn't work, but the only difference was that ping command.

iexpress1.zip

The first thing I'd try doing is changing the command script. All the pings and sleeps mixed with your exes are likely causing problems.

I've attached a re-written, but untested, version of your cmd file; renamed only so that you don't overwrite your own (in order to check the two side by side). Basically I've used the start command with its wait switch to hopefully negate the sleep executable with its commands. I've altered the %errorlevel% too because there's no telling what errorlevel will be returned by your exes on any error.

If errorlevel 1 means if the errorlevel is 1 or more!

This is obviously only best guess since I'm not in a position to test and run your completed exe along with its contents.

I hope it helps!

Dell745Bios.zip