OEM Activation and Unattended Settings in VLite

DynamixRo

I have an Ultimate Vista x86 for my ASUS Notebook with an included license, so it requires no activation. I tried it and it works fine. But now I want to remove some components from the OS and rebuild the iso. So I used vLite, removed what I didn't need and after Apply it told me that it found the OEM settings and asked me if I wanted to delete them or not. I told it to keep them. I also checked the Unattended options in vlite: skip automatic activation, skip ask for registry key, install this version and accept eula. The rest(setting up user name, password, computer name, choose time zone, etc.) I left on.

Will everything work ok regarding activation? Will there be any conflicts between the stored license settings in $OEM$ and the vLite Unattended settings that I checked?

If your unattended settings work then it will be fine. If you see that it did not set half of the unattended setting then it is because of the OEM configuration. But do not remove it. I will remove that popup.

Also let me know if you confirm that disabling automatic activation does not turn off your OEM activation.

Edited by nuhi

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry pushing this up, but I have also an version with preactivation. I tried to modify my original Vista, but it also gaves me the message of removing the OEM-settings. I told the program not to remove the settings, and selected the skipping of entering the key. I installed my vLite'd version, and the setup worked fine, but when i started Vista the first time, it told me to enter the CD-Key. Because of the preactivation I haven't got a key, and so I had to reinstall the original Vista.

PS: In an earlyer version of vLite (I think 1.0 or so), there were completely no problems with the preactivation. But I want to use the latest version of vLite without to reinstall my Visa every 30 days :(

Edited by Claus1221

If you answered to keep the oem settings then it will not touch them.

Probably the thing is with the unattended or simply a reistall. Try without the unattended page (make sure there is no autounattend.xml in the ISO root unless it is from the original DVD).

Also see online how to backup your activation information if such thing is doable in Vista.

I tried that already, even if I just rebuild Vista without to do any changes, keeping the original DVD and just removing the other versions of Vista (>Starter< up to >Business<), it destroys the preactivation... But this problem is just on the latest versions of vLite, 1.1 or so and above.

That doesn't make any sense, except I repeat unattended settings. Like CDKey (skipped key means trial key, 30 days), and autoactivation checkbox.

Maybe you spent your automatic online activation turns?

Have you tried simply reinstalling without any changes, just make ISO? I bet when it asks you for a cdkey you will press next to leave empty and that is trial again.

Maybe your DVD is just for recovery? Or it has preentered CDKey somewhere.

• 2 months later...