IE7 Updates

Tomalak

Hello,

I recently discovered that IE7 updates with a prefix (I like to prepend a number to all hotfixes to keep track of them and have them in a list, e.g. "123_WindowsXP-KBxxxxxx-x86-DEU.exe") are not slipstreamed with current versions of hfslip, Windows Update reports them as missing after installation. This problem disappeard when giving the IE7 updates their original names, i.e. "IE7-WindowsXP-KB938127-x86-DEU.exe" instead of "063_IE7-WindowsXP-KB938127-x86-DEU.exe".

I know this was working once (my last installation is from summer 2007, can't remember which hfslip version I used at this time). When did that change and why? I couldn't find the appropriate etnry in the changelog. It's not really an issue, I just want to know where this behaviour from... Thanks!

Kind regards,

Tomalak

HFSLIP looks for IE7 updates in this way:

IF EXIST HF\IE7*-KB*.exe . . .

This is mainly done to exclude IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe and IE7-WindowsServer2003-x86-enu.exe in a simple and safe way. Different methods were used in the past but they were either overcomplicated or caused trouble (such as non-IE7 hotfixes being detected on Dutch sources due to a strange bug in DOS).