remove all icon from desktop how?

You could try something like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Remove Recycle bin from desktop
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}]

; Remove My documents from desktop
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu]
"{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]
"{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}"=dword:00000001

; remove my computer
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu]
"{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]
"{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"=dword:00000001

; remove network places
"{208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}"=dword:00000001
"{208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}"=dword:00000001

See http://www.msfn.org/board/RegTweaks-Collec...v04-t85466.html

Well if you don't mean those uid0 suggested above, of which only the recycle bin shows by default in XP non-classic mode, then I guess you mean shortcuts.

For those you could use the compiled script in the attached, compressed archive!

[please malware-scan the file and make your own judgement on whether or not you wish to use it.]

NoLinx.7z

so i want to know if possible to remove all icon from desktop with reg key in order to put it in reg tweaks for my unattended installation and thanks in advance for your help.

Take a look in my script. You can choose to hide all desktop icons or delete

all icons from desktop folders and hide the rest. Compile it and run.

Works in Windows XP 64 bit too.

Yzöwl's exe can't hide icons which are not in desktop folders. :D

D.C.au3

Edited by radix

Yzöwl's exe can't hide icons which is not in desktop folders. :D
Correct, my exe removes all shortcuts from the `current` and `all users` Desktop.

Along with the prior response from uid0, it exactly answers the question asked.

Why use five sticks on dynamite when one will do!

Well if you don't mean those uid0 suggested above, of which only the recycle bin shows by default in XP non-classic mode, then I guess you mean shortcuts.

For those you could use the compiled script in the attached, compressed archive!

[please malware-scan the file and make your own judgement on whether or not you wish to use it.]

yes i mean all shortcuts in desktop Yzöwl yes those giving by uid0 its only for recycle bin my computer and so one but not for other shortcuts thanks a lot Yzöwl ;) ;) i will test it in my unattended and tell after the results.

to radix

thanks by the way its au3 file and i don't know how to it under my (during my installation :blushing: ) .

Edited by populous

thanks by the way its au3 file and i don't know how to it under my (during my installation :blushing: ) .

Install AutoIt, r. click on au3 file->edit (if you want to change something). Compile (r. click->compile) and use this compiled file (is silent!). :)

Edit: Download my file again if you want to hide tray icons too. By default is set to not hide the tray icons, but if you want to,

set $trayicons = "1" in script.

Cheers

Edited by radix

• 7 months later...

Install AutoIt, r. click on au3 file->edit (if you want to change something). Compile (r. click->compile) and use this compiled file (is silent!). :)

Edit: Download my file again if you want to hide tray icons too. By default is set to not hide the tray icons, but if you want to,

set $trayicons = "1" in script.

Cheers

or add this to your cleanup.cmd

MD "%UserProfile%\Desktop\Shortcuts"
MOVE "%UserProfile%\Desktop\*.*" "%UserProfile%\Desktop\Shortcuts"
MOVE "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\*.*" "%UserProfile%\Desktop\Shortcuts"

that creates a folder called Shortcuts and puts all shortcuts created during install into it