XP Install can't find included SATA drivers

sam1am

Hello everyone - I am trying to install Windows XP on a computer of mine (have been for about a week now) and am just running into problem after problem.

I need to load some drivers for my SATA drives. I have tried using the driverpacks from driverpacks.net, loading them off of a floppy, and now I am trying to integrate the individual drivers into an XP install CD using nLite.

During the text install, I can see that XP grabs the drivers off the disk correctly, and even allows me to access the disk during the disk prep phase. I select the disk, format it, whatever, etc. and then XP starts to copy over the installation files. At this point I get an error that the driver file cannot be copied.

The files it is trying to copy are si3112r.sys, SiWinAcc.sys, and Si3112r.inf. I can hit f3 to cancel the install or esc. to skip copying the file. When I hit esc, I get two prompts for each file (as in, maybe it's looking twice?).

I have verified that the files are on the install CD, and can be found in \I386\NLDRV\001 each with a "_" at the end of the extension (si3112r.sy_, etc.). They are also in the \i386 directory.

Has anyone seen this problem before, or can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have looked through the guides and am at a loss.

You didn't by chance make a DVD installation disk from the 2 XP MCE edition disks did you? I did that and mine hung up at the same place trying to load Highpoint drivers. Never did get the DVD install to work, had to go back to the regular 2 disk MCE install.

Duane

Edited by ddeen

Hello everyone - I am trying to install Windows XP on a computer of mine (have been for about a week now) and am just running into problem after problem.

I need to load some drivers for my SATA drives. I have tried using the driverpacks from driverpacks.net, loading them off of a floppy, and now I am trying to integrate the individual drivers into an XP install CD using nLite.

During the text install, I can see that XP grabs the drivers off the disk correctly, and even allows me to access the disk during the disk prep phase. I select the disk, format it, whatever, etc. and then XP starts to copy over the installation files. At this point I get an error that the driver file cannot be copied.

The files it is trying to copy are si3112r.sys, SiWinAcc.sys, and Si3112r.inf. I can hit f3 to cancel the install or esc. to skip copying the file. When I hit esc, I get two prompts for each file (as in, maybe it's looking twice?).

I have verified that the files are on the install CD, and can be found in \I386\NLDRV\001 each with a "_" at the end of the extension (si3112r.sy_, etc.). They are also in the \i386 directory.

Has anyone seen this problem before, or can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have looked through the guides and am at a loss.

Did you hit F6 and load any driver by floppy?

If yes, this was the reason for the issue. The textmode drivers have to be integrated into the OS CD, when any unattended install option was used.