Forcing to upgrade even though its not an upgrade disk

mrd05d

Ok i Created an AIODVD with xp pro and pro, 2Kpro, 98 etc. All was working so i am now trying to do the more complicated things. So i tried applying hotfixes to the XP Pro first. (I used Nlite and slipstreamed the ryanvm pack, Then used the winnt32.exe /no reboot to get the boot files and then did the hex editing followed by the txtsetup redirect. Then Put the winnt.sif file made by nlite into PRO1 folder.) When i run it in virtualpc it Comes up with a screen that asks me to insert a prior version of windows as if i am installing an upgrade but i am not? Did i do something i shouldnt have? (Maybe i shouldnt have ran winnt32.exe /no reboot again?)

Thanks in advance.

~Sly~

Edited by mrd05d

Ok for some more information... I have what I think is to be concidered a royalty oem disk pack sort of thing used by large companies such as dell to preinstall all there copies of stuff. So when i use the XP Pro Royalty it works like a charm. If i use Nlite and slipstream, minus components, tweak performance, etc it works like a charm as well. But when i Try to have cdshell.ini boot it (Having to use PRO1 Folder) It forces it to act as an upgrade cd.

I think i may have found what is going on but am not sure. When i run winnt32 /noreboot on it it wont accept the royalty key that came with that cd instead it only accepts the key of the OS i am using... Like if i am on my desktop which is xp mce it looks for an mce key if i am running on laptop it asks for xp pro cd key but will not accept my royalty key? Any thoughts would be helpful.

~Sly~

Joining!!!

I have the same sh** problem! driving-me crazy!

listen man, there is other cd menu I thiught to use..

maybe u should try it out 2..

here is the link to it.. (credit for: C01eMaN) for the great menu!

That's HIS direct link: Here

That link isnt working for me? Also I am trying to slipstream srvc pack 3 and then maybe win32 will allow same key and get the boot files right. If this works ill let you know. Is there any other way to make the boot folders (IE PRO1 PRO2 HOM1 HOM2) Without doing the winnt32.exe /noreboot???