vlite On Gizmodo

gendouhydeist

My my...this is starting to get weird. I mean nLite has even more options but only thing for which it was recognized was slipstreaming and driver integration.

While vLite is for removals? I guess Vista IS that big...

My my...this is starting to get weird. I mean nLite has even more options but only thing for which it was recognized was slipstreaming and driver integration.

While vLite is for removals? I guess Vista IS that big...

Everyone knows that Vista needs a tool like this to get rid of all that "bloat" while XP, even if it isn't nLited, is still pretty decent.

Don't forget nLite was 4 years ago when our machines were a lot slower. It was same feeling to me like vLite is today.

But yeah you are right to some extent, 13GB for 64bit Vista is not even funny.

MS in my opinion took the best approach with Windows Fundamentals. Although it's nowhere near as advanced as nLite or vLite, WinFLP does have basic customization settings during setup allowing you to not install WMP, IE, DirectX, additional drivers etc which and it really brings down install size. At the same time, WinFLP doesn't have many of the bits from the regular XP that could be considered "bloat". They should've used the same basic idea for Vista as an advanced customization feature in setup.

Edited by Arneh