Netframework issues in nlite

MikeO1989

OK, I'm trying to figure this stuff out. Don't jump on me here about not searching cause I did and just got overwhelmed.

Getting used to nlite and all the options of making my custom XP CD. I'm a bit confused on the net framework stuff. I added the dotnetfx.exe (2.0) and the hotfixes related to it. During the nlite process I got a couple of errors relating to the dotnet. Clicked ok a couple of times to get out of it and the process resumed (I assume without the netframework 2.0). Made the iso. Started thinking about it and got nervous that I may have made a bad iso and didn't want any hang ups if I ever had to use the disk to clean install XP again down the road. So, I made another one, this time leaving out the dotnetfx.exe and associated hotfixes. This time no errors came up and I made my iso.

Is there actually any instructions anywhere on how to integrate Netframework into nlite cause obviously I did something wrong? Also, if I was going to integrate Netframework into the nlite (once I learn how), should 3.5 be used in place of 2.0 (still confused if 3.5 replaces 2.0 or if you need both)?

Edited by MikeO1989

There are too many users around who honestly don't search before asking. :angry:

Ah well, here goes again... :wacko:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 includes version 3.0 SP1 and 2.0 SP1. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 includes version 2.0 SP1. Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 does not include version 1.1 SP1. For applications which require Microsoft .NET Framework 1.x, you will still need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 separately from the other versions of Microsoft .NET Framework. If would like to include all versions of Microsoft .NET Framework, you would therefore only have to install version 1.1 SP1 and version 3.5 of Microsoft .NET Framework.

Note however that there are quite a few applications which state that they require Microsoft .NET Framework 1.x to properly function, also work when Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 is installed instead, however this does not count for all applications which require Microsoft .NET Framework 1.x and not installing Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 prior to installing any applications which depend on this version might result in error messages during installation of certain applications. To be on the safe side it would therefore be better to still install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 if you are using any applications which specifically depend on this version of Microsoft .NET Framework.

RogueSpear offers switchless, silent installation packages of all versions of Microsoft .NET Framework via his forum. Please note that you will need to register to have access to these files. For the next procedure I advise you to use RogueSpear's packages. If you would like to install as many applications via SVCPACK.INF as possible, it's best to install version 1.1 SP1 and version 2.0 SP1 of Microsoft .NET Framework via SVCPACK.INF first, followed by any applications which depend on these. You can next install RogueSpear's Lite version of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 via RunOnceEx for example, once again followed by any applications which depend on either version 3.0 SP1 or version 3.5 of Microsoft .NET Framework.

Some keywords for others who use the search function: Microsoft .NET Framework, DOTNET, 1, 1.0, 1.1, 2, 2.0, 3, 3.0, 3.5, SP1, SP, Service Pack, version, install, unattended, silent, package, RogueSpear, Rogue Spear, download, switchless, switch, switches, nLite, HFSLIP, installation, Arie, Lite, SVCPACK, SVCPACK.INF, RunOnce, RunOnceEx, applications, error, packages, pack, 7ZIP, 7, ZIP, command, MSI, help, hotfix, hotfixes, dotnetfx, integrate, dotnetfx.exe, ISO