Installation BSOD

First of all, this is my first post here. So nice to meet you all!!

I have dabbled with xplite in the past, but never fully went with it, after seeing how large Vista was, I decided to dabble a bit more and actually creat an installation.

I've learnt my lesson for not testing on a second parition, because I deleted my working one and now Vista wont complete the install.

The problem always occurs at the same point, after the second reboot where Vista completes the installation, I always get a BSOD, asking me if I have removed or installed a removable media device recently to remove it and try again (I think thats close to what it says) My hardware hasnt changed. When I presume Vista checks devices ie mouse stops responding for a sec and display flickers, it will go to BSOD, with same error message every time as above.

I then thought, well at least to have my system working again, I will use the original Vista disk, but the error is also occuring here too.

Any suggestions for a man who wants to have his pc working again before the 3870x2 is released next week lol?

Thanks

Is this a pre-built system or something you put together? If you put it together remove EVERYTHING non-essential to the system and then install. If that works then add everything back in ONE at a time please with boots and drivers between each device.

Also you really need to get to know a Virtualizatiohn software such as VMWare, VirtualPC or Parallels any of them out there. They allow for testing your disks and installation without the harm or fear of loosing your system\data.

As for the Vid card> That thing is HUGE please measure your box before you buy one or two of them.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

I always had BSOD during setup, it took a while before i know it was the sata driver wich came with the original Vista dvd

After i slipstreamed my own drivers into Vista, i have no more BSOD.

I dont say you have the same problem, but who knows, its worth a try.

Thanks for the heads up. I did slipstream the latest drivers in, just been googling your experience and its common. I havent had any luck yet, so I am going to load drivers off a usb stick and keep my fingers crossed.

I have turned off all unessential devices in the BIOS, and I only have a 7800gtx one sata HD and one sata dvd drive plugged in to keep devices down to bare essentials. No luck yet, but still trying, and hoping lol.

Never has anything from MS infuriated me so much, lol. I wll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your help!