Integrate MCE to XP PRO CD

I've searched all around and could not find the answer im looking. I want to integrate MCE into my retail xp image. instead of using 2 CD's i would like to just use 1 DVD. I would like to know if its possible.

If it's possible or not, is besides the point on this forum, since it wouldn't be legal, as you do not own a WinXP-MCE license...

Edit: After having reread the post, then it seems as though the OP did infact allready own a WinXP-MCE license, so i apologise for my previous statement..

Edited by Martin H

i do not support piracy neither do i want to break the rules. i own my OS and i just want to integrate 1 complete DVD instead of using 2 disc. The link that spitf1r3 i already read as it and from what i read, it only installs it after the initial install, not integrate it. am i wrong?

no i think your right. that method is for installing MCE/TPC components on Windows XP Pro (which falls in a gray legal area even if you own both)

If you have Windows XP MCE OEM 2 cd version and want to make 1 dvd (or cd if you trim some fat from the discs) then this is what you are looking for http://www.msfn.org/board/merge-intall-disks-dvd-t80212.html

@king_td

To transform 'Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005' from the 2 CD's into 1 CD-R or 1 DVD+/-R, then you need to edit all entries of '%cd2name%' into '%cd1name%' in 'txtsetup.sif' and to copy the contents of CD2 into your CD1 source folder. If you don't use nLite and want's to fit everything into 1 CD-R, then delete all the unneeded folders(if you don't know which, then look in MSFN's Unattended guide under: 'Advanced Users > Slimming down your CD/DVD').

@geek

I apologise and will remember that for the feuture.

Edit: geek was faster :)

Edited by Martin H

thanks guys, the link geek gave me worked perfectly as i needed to do was edit the txtsetup.sif file to look for 1 disk instead of 2. i couldnt believe that something that simple caused me so much of a headache, now i can work on using nLite to integrate the updates