[RESOLVED] Can XP be installed FROM a usb stick or hard drive...

Ive spent all weekend readingwhat seems like hundreds of posts.. in an effort to be able to install XP from a usb stick, or even hard drive... onto pc...

Ive tried PEtoUSB, Grub4dos, read many articles.. but none seem to give a single step-by-step guide on how to achieve this...

Ive been able t o get BARTPE to run from an 8gb fat32 stick, using grub4dos, after reading a few articles, so I thought I may be able to isntall XP by substituting my unattended xp install cd for the BartPE install info on the stick.. as I though Brub4dos would just attempt to load the NTLDR...

But no joy....

I also tried to run the winnt.exe manually, got the blue screen intaller.. but it just set there for about 20 minutes identifying hardware....

I just nedd to know Yes it is possible, or no it isnt, before I spend more time trying to do it....

Most of my searching brings back results on actually installing XP to your usb stick, similar to BartPE from the stick.. but I actually want to install XP onto pcs from the usb stick, or usb hard drive...

Im quite suprised how difficult it seams...

Edited by drscouse

Which is nothing more than this old 10 steps solution:

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?sho...c=16713&hl=

with the addition of a (Polish?) :w00t: copy of NC and an old release of PM.

Solution that is outdated by the new "direct" method which is faster, to where I pointed you in your other thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/PeToUSB-error-bu...er-t110779.html

jaclaz