Portege 3505: can't boot from usb cdrom

vosrosa

Does anyone know of a way around the fact that the portege 3505 cannot boot from usb cdrom or flash drive? I don't have any pcmcia cdroms which seems to be the only thing that will work. I do have an adapter to hook a notebook harddrive to my computer; is there a way to partition the drive and put the windows installation disk on the drive so that when I put it back in I can install windows to the other partition? Or if anyone else has any ideas it'd be much appreciated.

Does anyone know of a way around the fact that the portege 3505 cannot boot from usb cdrom or flash drive? I don't have any pcmcia cdroms which seems to be the only thing that will work. I do have an adapter to hook a notebook harddrive to my computer; is there a way to partition the drive and put the windows installation disk on the drive so that when I put it back in I can install windows to the other partition? Or if anyone else has any ideas it'd be much appreciated.

Actually, you can. See http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...jsp?soid=965832 .