HOTFIXES UNLISTED IN WINDOWS UPDATE: WinXP SP2

DarkShadows

This list is intended as an addendum to the list maintained in the HOTFIXES: Win2000 SP4, WinXP SP2 and Win2003 SP2 thread managed by the_guy (hereafter referred to as the Main List). The hotfixes listed here generally will not appear when you run Windows Update. Many of these hotfixes address specific issues with specific combinations of hardware and software. You should always read the linked knowledgebase articles thoroughly and make your own informed judgment as to whether or not you should include any of these updates in your installation source.

NOTE: I do not own nor work with licenses of Win2000 or Win2003, so I will not personally be posting or verifying anything related to these operating systems. However, if someone provides such information (in correct and complete listing format), I will update this post accordingly.

UPDATE LOG

January 5, 2008 (Thread Started)

Added KB912817 for WinXP SP2 Replaces KB902400 (Main List)

Added KB942264 for WinXP SP2 Replaces KB936782 (Main List)

Added KB946627 for WinXP SP2 Use only with KB942615 for IE6

MS WINDOWS XP PRO SP2 (32-Bit) – 3

General – 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** NEW *** (to this list)

KB912817 – Availability of Windows XP COM+ Hotfix Rollup Package 13 (V2)

Released/Updated: 2006-05-22

Download (Page)

File Size: 4.6 MB

Switches: KB912817.exe /q /n /z

Listed: 2008-01-05

Replaces: KB902400 (Main List)

Notes: Download page also lists this update for Win2K3, which I do not use. I'm told this update is not required for Win2K3 SP2.

Windows Media Player 11 - 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KB942264 – FIX: You cannot set the height of the License Acquisition dialog box as large as you want to in Windows Media Player 11

Released/Updated: 2007-09-06

Download (Direct)

File Size: 5.5 MB

Switches: KB942264.exe /q /n /z

Replaces: KB936782 (Main List)

Notes: Description page also lists an update for WinXP64.

Internet Explorer 6 - 1

KB946627 – Internet Explorer 6 crashes after installing KB942615 on Windows XP SP 2

Released/Updated: 2007-12-20

Download (Page)

File Size: 476 KB

Switches: KB946627.exe /q /n /z

Replaces: None

Notes: Only affects Windows XP SP2 running IE6, after installing KB942615 (MS07-069). (Integrating KB942615 for IE6 causes Windows XP SP2 to constantly reboot during unattended installation.)

End of MS Windows XP PRO SP2 (32-Bit)

I make no assertions that the list above is complete (in all likelihood it is not). If you see something incorrect, missing, or know of other such hotfixes, please post the information to the bottom of this thread and provide a link to the correct information. When providing an unlisted hotfix, please use the template below:

[color="red"][size=1][b]*** NEW *** (to this list)[/b][/size][/color]
[b][url="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/nnnnnn"]KBnnnnnn[/url] – <copy-and-paste MS title>[/b]
[b]Released/Updated:[/b] YYYY-MM-DD
[b][url="<copy-and-paste download link>"]Download[/url][/b] (Direct) or (Page)
[b]File Size:[/b] n.n MB
[b]Switches:[/b] KBnnnnnn.exe /q /n /z (or other switches, please test them before posting!)
[b]Listed:[/b] YYYY-MM-DD
[b]Replaces:[/b] Enter either Unknown, or [url="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/nnnnnn"]KBnnnnnn[/url] (Main List)
[b]Notes:[/b] Provide any relevant notes.

Please, if you cannot provide a download link, do not bother posting an unlisted hotfix!

Nice job, but this means practically everything at http://thehotfixshare.net. :lol:

Just kidding, there are lot of older versions there too. If you want, I can provide you with a list of all post-SP2 KBs I have on my system (according to the principle: only latest version of the dll comes in; and believe me, there are a lot of non-officials), but I don't have enough time to edit it into your structured format or know what KBs are superceded (because I delete the old ones both from hdd and the registry; and I think it's pointless to keep track of old versions).

Anyway, good luck.

GL

Nice job, but this means practically everything at http://thehotfixshare.net. :lol:

Just kidding, there are lot of older versions there too. If you want, I can provide you with a list of all post-SP2 KBs ... I think it's pointless to keep track of old versions).

I only want to put things on this list that are in fact current. The only reason I listed which updates have been replaced, is because the Main HotFix Thread (which more people will start Reading first) still lists the replaced updates as current. I have about 20 more updates to list myself.

@MODERATORS

Why has this topic been moved to a completely unrelated forum? If the HOTFIX LIST belongs in the Unattended Windows Forum, then this thread clearly belongs in the same forum. Both threads are intended for same purpose—hotfixes one should include in an unattended XPCD. The only difference between the threads, is that items listed in this thread may not (always) appear in Windows Update.